Monday, March 21, 2016

birthday week-end

I kicked off the birthday celebrations by treating myself to a manicure. I love getting a gel manicure because the polish lasts forever and I am not very forgiving with my nails. They stand up to laundry, dishes, and working in the yard. I decided on a color changing polish this time because I had a hard time choosing just one. The lighter color pink is the color of the polish when it's "warm" or "hot" and the orangish/coral color is the color the polish becomes when it's "cold". It's pretty cool, especially in a month like March where the temperature can fluctuate 30° in three days. 


I also changed out the St. Patrick's Day chalkboard to make a "Happy Birthday" message to myself for the day! It's the little things sometimes that make you happy and combining crafts with my birthday is one of those things.


I got home from work the day before my birthday and was greeted with a birthday card from the family. My mom knows how much I love getting mail-that isn't a bill- so she sends me cards for all occasions, including my birthday. After I opened that card I realized that it looked quite familiar and pulled out the birthday card they sent me last year. Last year's card is on the left and this year's card is on the right....although you would never know which is which because they are the exact same. Oh mom, you make me laugh without even trying. 




For my actual birthday Cam took me to dinner and I came home and made myself a little cake. It wasn't much, but it was fun to blow out the candles on a cake for my birthday.


We had tickets to the hockey game on Friday evening. These were the last ones for our 2015-2016 flex season passes. A little bummed that it's our last one, but excited knowing that the Capital's already have a playoff spot clenched!


Saturday was spent furniture shopping and grabbing dinner with the entire family. I will say that 26 has already been good to me. I am thankful to have spent the weekend with the family. Now it's all downhill to 30!





No comments:

Post a Comment