Thursday, March 17, 2016

spicy garlic lime chicken

I feel like I start every recipe post out the same way...."I didn't follow the recipe exactly and I made some changes", but isn't that what cooking is all about! For this recipe I didn't use the measurements given because I used chicken breast tenderloins instead of an actual chicken breast. I find that I eat smaller portions when I use the tenderloins for dinner. Anyway, I also didn't add thyme to the recipe because I didn't have it in the pantry. Here is the basic outline for you to follow if you want a quick and delicious dinner. 




Ingredients:
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
⅛ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon dried parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons lime juice



Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.

2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken until golden brown.

3. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice.


4. Cook, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment