Monday, April 4, 2016

currently || april


eating || I am loving the Fruit-are fruit popsicles right now. I have a bad habit of wanting ice cream as a midnight snack-which is so unhealthy. These are nice because they are all less than 100 calories and have real pieces of fruit inside the popsicles. It is a nice cold snack that won't make me feel super guilty about eating it. My favorites right now are the pineapple and the strawberry. I want to try the lime and lemon-perfect summer flavors!

watching || Some playoff hockey! The Capitals ave already clenched a playoff spot which guarantees them playing time through April.....and maybe May and June....if I'm lucky. I can't wait to see what playoff hockey has is store for the team, and I will be watching all along the way.

anticipating || Apple Blossom Festival is right around the corner and I am pretty excited. If you don't know anything about the festival check it out here. Some special guests this year include comedian Wayne Brady and the legendary Cal Ripken Jr. → cue jumping up and down like a kid at an ice cream truck in the summer! I am so pumped to see both of them in the parade this year!

reading || I had been in a bit of a "book hangover" since finishing Harry Potter so it's been a bit tough to start a new book. After checking out some reviews I finally settled on The Secret Life of Bees....and as I am typing this post realized it was made into a movie! Say what?!? I guess I will have to watch the movie after I finish the book.

crafting || I have been coloring more and more in my "adult" coloring book from Johanna Basford. I have both the Enchanted Forest and the Lost Ocean. It's hard to get back into coloring after reading so many books back to back, but I find that the coloring is more interactive and a bit more relaxing than reading. When I read a book I get immersed in the characters and plot line so much that I can't put it down to sleep or eat. The coloring book is a nice afternoon activity that won't keep my mind racing after I put it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment