Thursday, September 29, 2016

weekend in pittsburgh

Over the weekend Cam and I made the trip to Pittsburgh to visit a friend, explore the city, and go to a baseball game. We left on Friday after work and came home early Sunday morning, so we only had one full day to explore. I wish we were there a little longer, but I know I will be back to explore more. 


We started the morning by eating brunch at a place called Deluca's and it was DELICIOUS. The meal kept me full for the full day of walking around the city. After brunch we headed straight to the Duquesne Incline to avoid all the crowds, and I'm glad we did, because when we left the line was across the bridge. I had been on the incline before, but it's always fun to go to the top of Mount Washington and see the city skyline-along with the million dollar houses on Grandview Ave. 

After the incline we headed down to the strip district to walk around and see some local shops and markets. We ran into a petting zoo in the middle of town and got to hang out with some cuties for a minutes. After walking around I worked up and appetite and decided to stop in at Peace, Love, and Little Donuts. HOLY COW, these donuts are to die for. They are miniature sized cake donuts, with a ton of creative flavors like Samoa, Boston Cream Pie, Oreo Cheesecake, and Apple Pie. I wish I had ordered a dozen to take home-also secretly hoping they ship places so I can have them at my wedding. 


After a fun filled day of walking, snackign, and shopping we ended our night at PNC Park. Once you step foot in the ball park you realize why it's always in the "Top 10 Baseball Parks to Visit." The stadium is STUNNING and it offers amazing views of the city skyline. To top of the entire trip, the Nationals ended up winning the NL East title after they finished playing the Pirates-WOO!!

Can't wait to go back and see more of what the city has to offer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment