Thursday, January 7, 2016

on the go omelettes

I know that I have a bad habit of not eating breakfast when I wake up, because I'm just not that hungry in the morning. I am trying to get better about eating within an hour of waking up-which will be quite difficult since I'm not a morning person at all! I found a recipe for omelettes made in a muffin pan and gave it a try. I will caution you that this is not a true "recipe" more than it's eyeballing the ingredients and measurements.


Ingredients:
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
diced ham (pre-cooked)
cheese
chopped spinach leaves
about 8 eggs
milk


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Grease the bottom and sides of each muffin tin on the pan. This is an important step!
3. Chop/dice all your "inside" ingredients for your omelette. Again, this is preference on what you prefer to use for your eggs.
4. Place equal amounts of "inside" ingredients into each muffin spot- including the cheese.
5. Crack all your eggs into a bowl or measuring cup with spout. This will come in handy when it comes time to pour into the muffin pan
6. Add some milk to make the eggs stretch a bit further when pouring. If you don't want to add milk you will need a few extra eggs. The eggbeaters that come in a container will work as well.
7. Whisk your egg/milk mixture.
8. Once mixed, gently pour over the "inside" ingredients.
9. Be careful not to over fill the tins, as the eggs tend to rise when cooking.

10. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how full your tins are.






No comments:

Post a Comment