Thursday, November 26, 2015

thankful thoughts

On this lovely Thanksgiving I though it would be appropriate to take some time and jot down things I'm thankful for. 

I'm thankful for the labor of love that I call home. It was a ton of work to get it renovated, but I couldn't be happier with the end result. Even though we still have some repairs to make and walls to paint, it's the place I call home now and I am grateful to have a roof over my head. 

I'm thankful for my other half. I'm sure that I drive him crazy most days, but he loves me anyways. We have had so many adventures together and I can't wait to see what's in store for us next! I'm so glad I agreed to go on a date with him two and a half years ago. Best.decision. ever.


I'm thankful for my family that helps keep my compass pointed in the right direction. They are always there with any issues that I may have, including long distance grocery shopping when I can't find an item. I know for a FACT that I can drive them all crazy in a span of 10 minutes, but they love me. Without them I wouldn't be where I am today. 


I'm thankful for all the friends in my life, near and far. When I moved to a new city, and didn't know very many people, Cam's friends were all nice to me and welcomed me into their group. I'm especially thankful for my far away friends and their commitment to keep in touch on a regular basis. Without the support from them, this move would have been a disaster.

I'm thankful for sports. Yes sports. Sports in my life have brought people closer and given them a common bond that they can discuss at length. Going to JMU football games with the family, experiencing the Winter Classic in Washington D.C. with family, and going to College Game Day together allow us to reminisce on the fun times we had at these events. Sports and sporting events are a large part of my life and I love it!




Happy Thanksgiving yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment