Wednesday, November 4, 2015

e-reader comparison

Christmas season is upon us and I have decided that I am going to buy an e-reader for myself this year. This is totally out of the ordinary for me, you can read about it here. I am very much a "book in hand" kind of person so an e-reader is very different for me. Since I am new to the e-reader world I have to do some research before pulling the trigger on a purchase. 


The O.G. Kindle from Amazon is what I was initially thinking about buying. The battery life is a few weeks and has built in wi-fi which is awesome. The best part of the Kindle is that it is back-lit so there is no glare when you read in the sunlight. 

The other Kindle product is the Kindle Paperwhite. It is a new version with any similarities to the O.G. Kindle. The Paperwhite has a custom font called "Bookerly" from Amazon that is supposed to make reading easier on the eyes and quicker using a more natural font. This e-reader also has a feature that allows you to change the brightness (light-night) reading

There is also Barnes and Noble's version called the Nook GlowLite Plus. The battery life is supposedly six weeks for this e-reader. The Nook is also scratch resistant, finger print resistant, and waterproof. I feel like this is a lesser known product, so it may not hold as many books. 

Finally there is the Kobo Glo HD. I have never heard of this company or this product. This product has ComfortLight which is supposed to distribute light equally throughout the screen. The Kobo Glo allows you to personalize your e-reader with 11 different fonts and multiple size increments. It claims to have a two month battery life depending on usage. 



When it comes down to it I feel like I will want to hold each on in my hand to see which one feels the best in my hand while reading it. Size is also a big factor, because I want something that can fit in my purse or backpack. Wish me luck while I search for the perfect e-reader!



No comments:

Post a Comment