Friday, September 4, 2015

friday favorites


Just a few things on my brain this lovely Friday afternoon. 

Jergen's Wet Skin Moisturizer // Buffalo Chicken Dip // Kindle Reader // Bath and Body Works Fall Collection

I haven't tried the Jergen's Wet Skin Moisturizer, but I am dying to get my hands on it ASAP. I am all about having smooth, hydrated skin-especially with the fall and winter months ahead of us. This product works like lotion, but you apply it while your body is still wet from the shower. Not sure how it compares to regular Jergen's but I am ready to give it a try. 

We are having a cookout/pot luck at a friends house this weekend and I need something that can be made quickly, since our schedule is so hectic. Since my cravings from my currently || september post are all about tailgating and football season I thought it was a perfect time to try and make buffalo chicken dip. There are so many variations on this recipe, but the basic ingredients are the same. It seems like it will be a quick and easy dish for a Labor Day weekend cookout.

I will say this statement right now... I LOVE THE FEELING OF A BOOK IN MY HANDS. That being said, I am looking at purchasing a Kindle-I know THE HORROR!!! The thought of reading something that's not an actual book breaks my heart a little on the inside. I love going to the library and checking out books-they smell so good. I like physically turning the page of a book and closing the cover when I finish. With all that out of the way most would ask why I would even be thinking about a Kindle and I will tell you why. I like the idea of it fitting into my purse or travel bag with ease. I also LOVE the fact that it can hold more than one book at a time. I don't want to pack multiple books for a weekend trip and take up space in my bag. I also like the fact that I can read at night while my other half sleeps- I know I can get a book light, but that may be too bright and it leaves a weird glare on the book pages. I am still up in the air on this purchase, but I am doing some serious looking/research on the products available.

Last, but certainly not least is all the fall scents at Bath and Body Works and other fragrance stores! Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. Cooler weather, less humidity, football, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, holidays.....ahhh the list could go on forever! I am pumped to stop in Bath and Body Works and pick up some candles in the next few days to get the season started off right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment