Monday, October 12, 2015

beach vacation

We are the family that is crazy enough to drive into an oncoming hurricane/nor'easter that hit the East Coast last week. We had been set to go on vacation and the deposits for the condo had been paid, so we didn't want to waste the money. We headed down to South Carolina on Sunday and hit rain every minute of the drive down the coast. Once we arrived to the condo this is what we were met with. 


The water was about ankle high, but luckily it receded by the next afternoon. Because of the weather, there wasn't a whole lot of places open for dinner, but the Krispy Kreme still had the hot light on! We grabbed a dozen doughnuts and had cheeseburgers for dinner. 


On Monday, it was still cloudy/dreary so we hit the shops and spent the day shopping and browsing around the outlets. The next statement I am about to make is going to sound crazy: I am 25 years old and I have never eaten a Big Mac. I finally ordered a Big Mac at the McDonalds across the street from the outlets-and it was DELICIOUS!. Holy cow, I didn't realize what I had been missing. 


The sun finally decided to come out on Tuesday and I was able to sit and relax on the beach. The weather was great Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and i soaked up every minute of sunshine I could.  


The rest of the week was filled with putt-putt, sunsets, and some amazing meals. As much as I loved being on vacation, I am excited to be back home in my usual routine.




Such a fun vacation to Myrtle Beach this year with the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment