Friday, January 3, 2014

roundup and resolutions


I am trying to enjoy the last remnants of the Christmas season lingering in my apartment. This was one of the most difficult, yet fulfilling holiday seasons I have ever been a part of. This wasn't the first holiday season without my Granny "mentally" here, but it was my first real experience of the true absence of a loved one at Christmas. It was also the first Christmas morning that I didn't wake up at my parent's house and rush down the steps to open presents that were waiting under the tree. I instead spent Christmas morning with the person who has my heart and enjoyed the simplicity of frozen waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup (which makes them totally taste like butterscotch....YUM). 





















The new year arrived in true January fashion, giving us the first snow fall of 2014. Snow is nothing new around here but every time I see it I'm always taken back to my childhood memories. Winters were spent sledding down hills throughout the neighborhood on anything that was flat and fast.

 

Now as an adult snow means trying to get to work on time and avoid the driver's who are terrified of the stuff, but it's still important to stop an catch some flakes on your tongue before heading to work in the morning. Happy New Year. 







No comments:

Post a Comment