Tuesday, April 19, 2016

refurbished front porch planter boxes


With the nice weather we had this weekend, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do a bit of sprucing up before Apple Blossom. We have these concrete planters on our front porch that weigh a million pounds-not really, but close. They are extremely heavy and an eyesore on the porch. I knew I wanted to plant something in them for the spring, but I don't have the greenest thumb. 


We started off by making a trip to Lowes to look at their garden section and pick up some grass seed. I popped in to look at all the flowers they had blooming and I was amazed. Everything was so vibrant and beautiful that I had a hard time choosing. We decided to pick up a bunch of Celosia and another upright annual to add some height to the planters. 



While we were there, I picked up some spray paint that could be used on masonry. We bought the color "metallic rust" and it turned out a bit coppery, but I really like the way it looks against the brinks of the house. 





That's how we turned old concrete planters into something new and vibrant. Can't wait to watch the new plants grow this spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment