Friday, May 8, 2015

shredded chicken tacos

This is sort of an eyeballed recipe from Pinterest- with some modifications. The recipe is shredded chicken tacos so there is room for lots of creativity and customization. The original recipe is as followed:

Ingredients: 
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 tbsp taco seasoning

Directions:
1. In a crock-pot, place chicken breasts (frozen) in the bottom
2. Sprinkle with the seasoning
3. Top with the salsa
4. Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours.
5. Shred and serve.




Here is where my customization comes in:

I used four chicken breasts-which was waaayyy too much- but now we have leftovers. I also used most of the jar of Newman's Own salsa so the chicken would stay moist, and I used about half a packet of taco seasoning.

I laid out a taco bar of sorts in our kitchen so that we could make our own tacos. I had lettuce, cheese, sour cream, sriracha, and Spanish rice as options for toppings. Again, here is where you can choose whatever toppings you want or you can make it into a taco salad. My plans for leftovers are either pulled chicken BBQ sandwiches or taco salad using tortilla chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment