Monday, April 27, 2015

semi-homemade spaghetti and meatballs

Let me start by saying this was a two day recipe because my Thursday nights are usually busy with yoga so I didn't want dinner to be served at 9 pm. I opted to make the meatballs on Wednesday evening after work. The recipe for the meatballs is below, but I don't have a picture of just the meatballs once they were made. This recipe was pretty easy to follow and required minimal cleanup. 


On to Thursday evening! The sauce is semi-homemade (hence to title of the post). I don't have a recipe for the sauce since I kind of wing-it and so some taste testing throughout. The base for the sauce is a can of Prego original spaghetti sauce from the grocery store. I pour the jar into the saucepan an then add a clove of garlic, 1/2 pound of ground beef (cooked) some fresh ground parsley, and some Italian seasoning. I will also add some salt and pepper depending on how the tasting goes while cooking. While the sauce is simmering together with the previous nights meatballs, I throw some spaghetti noodles in a pot of boiling water and that's it. Seriously. The recipe is not hard its just a tad time consuming. Once the noodles are finished I drain them and add them to the meatballs and sauce. 





Italian Style Meatballs:

Ingredients:
½ lb. ground beef
½ lb. Italian sausage
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs
2 tsp finely chopped parsley
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Directions:

1. Heat the oven to 350˚
2. In a medium size bowl add each of your ingredients into the bowl and mix well after each addition 
3. Make slightly larger than golf ball sized meatballs and place them into a muffin tin that has been coasted with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, flipping them halfway through

No comments:

Post a Comment