Tuesday, April 7, 2015

brown sugar glazed pork chops

So I am THE WORST at pinning recipes to my Pinterest board, and then just letting them sit there. I never actually attempt to make them even though the headline-that caught my eye to begin with-says fast and easy or six simple steps. I know we all have this bad habit on Pinterest with at least one board.

I finally decided to put some recipes to the test. First up was Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops. These were SUPER easy-no joke- and they turned out delicious. I am always a big fan of dinners that are still good as left overs that I can take for lunch the following days, and this meal delivered. The pork was really juicy and had a nice balance of spicy, yet sweet from the brown sugar.

I would definitely make this again and this is easily a recommendation for a quick easy meal that anyone would love.




Ingredients:
4 pork chops
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp cayenne powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper



Directions:       

1. Preheat oven to 350˚
2. In bowl, combine the brown sugar and spices
3. Remove pork chops from package and rub spice mix on both sides of the meat
4. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium/high heat. Add pork chops. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is nicely browned
5. If your skillet is oven safe transfer the pork chops directly to the oven. If your skillet is not oven safe you must transfer the pork chops to a foil lined baking sheet. Once in the oven, let the pork chops cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly
6. Remove and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment