Monday, March 7, 2016

a book review: 19 years in the making


First let me say that I am very much aware that I am wayy late to the party when it comes to Harry Potter. I started reading the first book when it came out 19 years ago and the first chapter couldn't keep me interested so I put off the entire series as I got older. Now that I enjoy reading again I wanted to read all of the Harry Potter before I turned 30 and cross it off my 30X30 list. Now I understand what all the hype was about. These books are amazing!

Once I started reading the books I realized I wanted to watch the coordinating movies after I would finish the book. I finished the first book, then watched the first movie etc. I am going to be one of those people who say "the book was way better than the movie" because it was! I found myself at times reading into the wee hours of the night just to finish another chapter. The books had such vivid detail that I would also have nightmares/dreams about the scenes without seeing the movie as a reference. J.K Rowling is an amazing author and I read her other book The Cuckoo's Calling and it was a great novel so I should have known that Harry Potter would have been written excellently.

Again, I realize this post is about 15 years behind, but I just read all seven Harry Potter books and couldn't be happier with the end results.



No comments:

Post a Comment